Bob Parsons’ 16 rules for Success in Business & Life
Originally uploaded by ceefour666
I read this from Hendy’s Flickr and immediately in love with the list. Here’s Bob Parsons’ 16 rules for Success in Business & Life combined with my own life experience.
1. Get and stay out of your comfort zone.
Bob Parsons believe that not much happens of any significance when we’re in our comfort zone. So true. I probably will still in my office doing my daily staff tasks and hoping that I could be a manager one day, if I didn’t decide to get out of my comfort zone. Now, I always have meetings with directors/presidents/business owners, just because I change my mindset a little bit.
2. Never give up.
It’s hard to still have faith in what you’re doing when everything you do was always failed. But you should never give up, because…
3. When you’re ready to quit, you’re closer than you think.
You could be only one inch to succeeded and you should never quit. I have times when I feel that I couldn’t do it any longer. But I stay put and it pays very well.
4. With regard to whatever worries you, not only accept the worst thing that could happen, but make it a point to quantify what the worst thing could be.
It will give you a picture of how the world’s won’t end because of your failure
5. Focus on what you want to have happen.
Don’t be too afraid of taking steps. What you’re afraid of sometimes comes in reality.
6. Take things a day at a time.
Doing so much things at a time could make you overwhelmed. Tried to break down tasks and do it a day at a time.
7. Always be moving forward.
Always innovate and create something new in your business. That’s what makes you alive.
8. Be quick to decide.
One of the thing that make Kutukutubuku.com be able to launch and continue to serve all of book lovers, is that we were at first made a fast move and always decided things quickly. Our plan was no plan. Haha :p
9. Measure everything of significance.
Measure your success, measure your failure, that way, you’ll improving your life.
10. Anything that is not managed will deteriorate.
Micro managed things. Sometimes what you didn’t manage well, will eat you out.
11. Pay attention to your competitors, but pay more attention to what you’re doing.
Don’t take too much look at your competitors. Grass will always greener on the other side.
12. Never let anybody push you around.
You don’t want to be somebody else’s toy.
13. Never expect life to be fair.
Life’s full of surprises. Just enjoy it and never expect it to be fair. You’ll get disappointed. A lot :P
14. Solve your own problems.
Each of us have our own problem. Solve it and sell the solution. It will be huge
15. Don’t take yourself too seriously.
You could be crazy. Especially if you live in Jakarta where everything seems to get your nerve.
16. There’s always a reason to smile.
I like what Bob Parsons quote from his brother, “We’re not here for a long time, we’re here for a good time!”
Powered by Facebook Comments